It is our intention to provide our guests with a professional and therapeutic onsite massage. The following policies and procedures serve as a guide for first-time and regular onsite massage clients of The Balance Holistic & Clinical Massage Therapy.
In our commitment to provide a unique and outstanding massage experience to all of our clients and out of consideration for our therapists’ time, we have adopted the following policies.
Your adherence enables you and all of our clients to receive the very best we have to offer. Please become familiar with all of the policies below.
Appointments: When scheduling your appointment we require a $25.00 deposit which is deducted from the cost of your service when you arrive for your appointment. We waive the $25.00 booking fee for those who have purchased packages.
Late Arrivals: Please be on time for your appointment. If it seems you’ll be late, please call the office and depending on how late you’ll be, we will determine how we will handle your session. If you arrive later than 15 minutes past your appointment time you may not receive the full 60 or 90 minute session and will be charged for the full price of the massage. If we don’t receive a call, we will assume the appointment is cancelled.
Cancellations: We frequently receive requests for appointments daily and clients who don’t cancel their appointments within 24 hours prevent others who would like to schedule from doing so. We require a 24 hour notice for cancellations.
If you provided an email at the time of your appointment, you will receive an email with the date and time of your appointment. We do not call to confirm or call to remind you of your appointment. It’s your responsibility to add this to your calendar.
- No Show or cancellations not received within 24 hours is an automatic loss of your deposit.
- For packages purchased with a no show and no cancellation phone call within 24 hours, you will lose one visit on your package for every no show or no cancellation.
- Frequent or habitual last minute cancellations of appointments may be required to prepay for their future services and will be required to pay the full price of the massage appointment time you missed. You may also run the risk of being terminated as a client.
- In the event of a legitimate illness and you need to cancel at the last minute, you may still incur a charge of 50% of the massage price.
Virus/ Illnesses: If you have a cold, flu, fever, skin condition or any other potentially contagious condition please reschedules your appointment until you are symptom free for 48 hours. Following this guideline protects our therapists from contracting an illness and passing it on to other clients. If you do arrive ill, you will be asked to reschedule your appointment and may incur a fee if you haven’t called to reschedule.
Health Disclosure: At your first visit you’ll be asked to fill out an intake form. It is highly important for your safety and for ours that you indicate any and all previous and current medical conditions including medications, surgeries, allergies, accidents, falls and especially any infectious diseases, or skin conditions. This policy is mandatory.
On return visits you’ll be asked verbally to tell us if your health has changed or as stated above any new conditions including infectious diseases, accidents, falls, surgeries and medications. Most of the time your disclosure will not prevent you from receiving a massage, however certain conditions may need special considerations and it is highly important for you to disclose your condition.
We follow HIPPA guidelines and practices.
- We accept all major credit cards with the exception of American Express; cash and check are also accepted.
- No therapist will solicit tips but gratuities are gratefully accepted.
- It is the responsibility of the client to fully express session expectations prior to the start of any session. Therapists will revise session plan to meet those stated expectations as long as they are made prior to the start of a session.
- No refund will be made for services provided.
- In lieu of a refund, a discount off subsequent sessions may be offered.
- Should a client decide to discontinue a session that is in progress, charges for the full session may be assessed.
Keeping the Peace: We strive to provide a quiet meditative environment. We ask that you respect the peace by speaking in hushed tones, both upon arrival and when relaxing in our lounge post massage. The peaceful environment is part of the unique experience at our center.
Professionalism: All therapies are professional, therapeutic massages. There will be no sexual contact or conduct at any time between any client and a therapist. Our highly experienced therapists have graduated from accredited schools of Massage Therapy and are licensed and studied at the practice of clinical/ therapeutic massage. Should a client behave in a manner that violates this professional boundary, the session will be ended, the client will still be required to pay for the session in full, and client will be asked to not come back.